Abrasive Wheels User Safety
Abrasive Wheels are used in many industries, each with specific needs and applications which can present a variety of hazards in the workplace. Correct wheel storage, selection, mounting, testing and operation are essential to their safe and effective use.
This half-day course is for anyone needing to select, test and mount abrasive wheels to hand-held and static (precision and non-precision) grinding machines. It will also be of value to supervisors of tradesmen using abrasive wheels in construction, automotive, manufacturing, utilities and engineering industries.
This half-day course will include workshop based demonstrations and practical tasks around the following topics:
- Understanding the H&S regulations (PUWER ‘98)
- The grinding process and abrasive types.
- Abrasive wheel types
- Identification and selection
- Marking system for abrasive wheels
- Operating speeds
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Workplace health and safety
- Wheel storage
- Wheel inspection and testing.
- Guard and work rest setting and adjustment.
- Wheel balancing, dressing and truing
- Practical wheel mounting (static and hand-held machines)
- Spindle speed testing.
Delegates will understand the issues around the use of abrasive wheels and the associated health and safety legislation. They will understand the essential generic underpinning knowledge to correctly store, select, mount, and test abrasive wheels and associated wheel mounting equipment in the workplace.
Upcoming dates for Abrasive Wheels User Safety
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.