Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) Foundation & Practitioner
What is the Agile Project Management Qualification (AgilePM®)?
The Agile Project Management (AgilePM) qualification is the world's leading framework and certification for Agile project management. It offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile. This course covers the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile, the lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations, and the products produced during an Agile project and their purpose. You'll also cover the techniques used and their benefits and limitations, and learn the roles and responsibilities of individuals within an Agile project.
This certification will help you to appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario. You'll know how to identify and apply popular Agile techniques in a project situation, including MoSCoW prioritisation, iterative development and timeboxing. You'll understand and assign roles and responsibilities within an Agile project. Understand how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project and know how to describe and apply the Agile approach to managing requirements.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is for practising project managers, Agile team members looking to become Agile Project Managers, Individuals pursuing the AgilePM Practitioner Certificate and more.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
Successful completion of this course will mean you will be awarded the;
Agile Project Management Foundation certification (does not expire) and,
Agile Project Management Practitioner certification (valid for 5 years).
APMG Online Exam
Foundation Exam – 40-minute multiple choice closed-book online exam. There is a total of 50 questions to answer broken down into four sections. 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%.
Practitioner Exam – 2.5 hours restricted open book exam – Only the official AgilePM manual may be used in the exam. There is a total of 4 questions each worth 20 marks. 40 marks are required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%.
What This Course Includes
This price includes course registration and exam registration, course materials and, if successful in passing the exam, an official Agile Project Management Foundation and Practitioner certification.See dates & book
- Virtual ClassroomInstructor-led course
- See dates
- This is a virtual course with a live instructor. It includes interaction and group-work to embed learning. We encourage use of cameras, and have regular breaks to maintain freshness and engagement.
£1,495.00 excl. VAT
- 5 Days
- APMG Certificate
- 5 Year Certification
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
- Deliver quicker, cost-effective and low risk change by embracing a tried and tested agile approach to project management
- Understand the background of agile in project management and the differences compared to traditional / alternative approaches
- Adopt the core principles, concepts and processes required for successful agile projects
- Apply the AgilePM approach to projects and embrace an evolutionary development approach for more effective solutions
- Boost communication and stakeholder engagement skills critical for successful projects
- Understand the different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects
- Become an informed member of a project team using
- AgilePM practices
There are no entry requirements for this course as the Foundation level will be covered in the first 3 days.
The Foundation element of this course will cover:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
The Practitioner element of this course will cover:
- How to apply a variety of agile practices to a project, for example, workshops, the MoSCoW technique to define project priorities, iterative development and modeling
- How to test, estimate and evaluate profit delivery in an Agile project
- Facilitation and support mechanisms within an Agile project
- The agile approach to manage and prioritize requirements
Upcoming dates for Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) Foundation & Practitioner
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"