CompTIA IT Fundamentals
What is the CompTIA IT Fundamentals course?
This 5-day course delivers the CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification. This comprehensively covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals establishes an IT education framework for students in secondary and post-secondary settings.
Who is this Qualification for?
The course is designed for anyone who:
- Uses a PC computer, laptop, mobile device, and IT networks.
- Those who would like to pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals certification exam.
- Finally, all users will benefit from and understand better the technology they come into contact with on an everyday basis.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals course will help professionals to decide if pursuing a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT. CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Certification.
What This Course Includes
This price includes course registration and course materials.
This course comprises the following fifteen sections:
- Computers and How People Use Them
- What is System Hardware
- Peripherals and Device Ports
- Data Storage and Sharing
- Understanding Operating Systems
- Setting Up and Configuring a PC
- Setting Up and Configuring a Mobile Device
- Managing Files
- Using and Managing Application Software
- Configuring Network and Internet Connectivity
- IT Security Threat Mitigation
- Computer Maintenance and Management
- IT Troubleshooting
- Understanding Databases
- Developing and Implementing Software
This course will be delivered by our partners, Protection Group International, as part of our Cyber Alliance who will be the training provider of this course.
- Virtual ClassroomInstructor-led course
- Register your interest
- This is a virtual course with a live instructor. It includes interaction and group-work to embed learning. We encourage use of cameras, and have regular breaks to maintain freshness and engagement.
- Small Classes
- CompTIA Certificate
- Does not Expire
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
The course is open to anyone who has ever contacted a help desk, co-worker, or friend to help them with basic computer, laptop, mobile and network issues. You will learn about the many kinds of computing devices (like PCs and Macs, tablets, and Smartphones), as well as how to resolve or troubleshoot problems (such as basic networks, the Internet, and help you when your computer or printer won't turn on). You will also learn about online security, safety, and preventative maintenance, as well as outlining how databases work, and entry level programming principles.
During the course you will learn the following, how to:
- Identify and understand basic computer components and what they do
- Understand operating systems, data storage, and sharing
- Set up and configure a basic computer workstation
- Work with applications and files
- Handle basic software installation
- Set up and configure a mobile device
- Connect to networks and the Internet
- Identify/prevent basic security risks
- Identify compatibility issues
- Understand safety and preventative maintenance of computers
- Understand basic database concepts
- Learn the fundamentals of programming code and languages
This course covers everything you need to know to pass the CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) Certification exam.
However, the main goal of the course is to help users better understand, set up, configure, and troubleshoot all kinds of devices, and to understand basic IT concepts.
There are no specific prerequisites as the course covers all the topics in detail, though attendees should have a basic understanding of how computers, mobile devices, the Internet and networks operate.
This course will cover all the CompTIA IT Fundamentals objectives as outlined below:
- IT Concepts and Terminology
- Applications and Software
- Software Development
- Database Fundamentals
The Total IT Fundamentals Course covers everything you need to know to confidently use your own PC computer, Mac, smartphone, basic network, and online security.
Upcoming dates for CompTIA IT Fundamentals
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"