Cyber Security Fundamentals
What is the Cyber Security Fundamentals Qualification?
This 2-day Cyber Security Fundamentals course is a National Cyber Security Centre Certified training course (NCSC-Certified). If you do not know where to begin in your cyber security strategy, then this course will provide you with the knowledge on where to start it.
This course will provide an effective introduction to cyber security for anyone who is responsible or accountable for the protection of business assets, such as senior IT management or a Chief Information Security Officer (CISO). You will cover the types of personal data that you are trying to protect, who you are trying to protect it from (Attack Profiling), the reason why they attack, how you can protect yourself (and your business) and how to be prepared.
Who is this Qualification for?
This Cyber Security Fundamentals course is great for professionals who may or may not have an information security background, but who have the opportunity to make decisions and determine investment in appropriate security measures.
An example of your role might include Senior management from public, commercial and corporate sector organisations. Small-Medium sized business owners. C-level professionals, particularly CISO, CIO, CSO or CRO. Head/Director of IT or Security. Risk or Compliance Managers, and Department or Team Leads, to name a few.
Cyber Security Fundamentals Benefits
- Learn how to explain to executives the importance of cyber security in an organisation.
- Understand why organisational behaviour must adopt proportionate but effective cyber security practices.
- Identify measures to secure your organisation’s digital footprint including risks associated with user information sharing via social media.
- Gain insight to the cyber threat landscape and real-world consequences of ignoring organisational cyber security risk.
- Translate how real-world hacking case studies or data breaches relate to an organisation’s current cyber security measures and the potential consequences.
- Demystify cyber security industry jargon and associated media hype – including understanding what malware is and what it’s capable of.
- Discover the methodologies an attacker might adopt to breach an organisation’s security to expand its access.
- Demonstrate an ability to promote the message of the necessary safe and responsible use of information technology and handling of corporate intellectual property.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
Successful completion of this course will mean you will be awarded the NCSC-Certified Training at Awareness Level with IISP Core Skills A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, C1, C2, D1, D2, E1, E2, E3, F1, F2, G1, H1, H2.
What This Course Includes
This price includes course registration and NCSC-Certified Certificate.
This course will be delivered by our partners, Protection Group International, as part of our Cyber Alliance who will be the training provider of this course.
- Virtual ClassroomInstructor-led course
- Register your interest
- This is a virtual course with a live instructor. It includes interaction and group-work to embed learning. We encourage use of cameras, and have regular breaks to maintain freshness and engagement.
- Small Classes
- NCSC Certificate
- Does not Expire
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
By the end of this course, you will be better informed of the potential business risks associated with cyber security. You will be able to determine what you are trying to protect, who are you protecting it from, and what measures are available to protect and adequately prepare your organisation.
There are no entry requirements for this course however, knowledge of business practices within your organisation, your organisation’s risk management processes and any IT user security policies would benefit you.
This training can be tailored to any industry, or for a defined audience with various durations. Example topics include:
- Definitions – Cybersecurity and Information Security
What are you trying to protect?
- Personal Data and Data Protection
Who are we protecting it from?
- Actors and Motivation – Attack Profiling
Why do they attack?
- State Threats
- Social Media
- The Deep Web
- Proportionality of Attack
- Cyber Threat Methodology
- Open-Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Social Engineering
- Common Attack Techniques
- APTs / Cyber Criminals
- Phone Tracking, Geotags and Location Data
- Data Leakage (Wi-Fi and GPS)
- The Deep Web
- Supply Chain Threats
How can we protect ourselves?
- Passwords and Passphrases
- Maintaining Awareness
- Patching and Updating
- Privileged Account Management
- Managing your Digital Footprint
How can we be prepared?
- Cyber Leadership
- Risk Management
- Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Incident Response
Upcoming dates for Cyber Security Fundamentals | NCSC-Certified Course
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"