ITIL® 4 Foundation
What is ITIL® 4 Foundation?
ITIL® is a set of best practices for delivering efficient IT support services and guiding digital transformation and technology initiatives. It enables organisations and individuals to deliver cost-effective IT Service Management (ITSM) aligned with business vision, strategy and growth, and acts as a single point of contact between service provider and end users. While ITSM helps businesses to achieve their mission and vision with the right mix of process, technology and people, ITIL guides the way IT services are managed and delivered.
ITIL 4 is a significant step forward in that it addresses today’s more complex IT environment.
Companies adopt ITIL to realise their business benefits faster with defined practices and processes, enabled by the right technology.
Is this course for you?
The ITIL 4 Foundation certification is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables candidates to look at ITSM through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
It is perfect for individuals who have already achieved the ITIL 3 qualification and are looking to upskill to the current framework of ITIL 4. Additionally, anyone wishing to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance ITSM ,and IT professionals or others working within an organisation that has adopted ITIL.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
ITIL Foundation Certification, a globally recognised accreditation.
AXELOS’ certifications are globally recognised and highly sought after by potential employers.
What this course includes
This price includes course materials, exam registration and an online subscription to various ITIL publications and templates to help you progress your ITIL journey.
You’ll also get exclusive white papers, CPD tools to map out a professional development path and professional endorsement through a digital badge aligned to your ITIL Foundation certificate.
Please note both the training and any exam are included in this price.
ITIL 4 Foundation candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value
The ITIL Foundation certification does not expire and is valid for the lifetime of the certificate holder.
- Multiple choice exam questions
- 40 questions, each worth one mark
- 26 marks or more required to pass (out of 40 questions): 65% pass mark
- 60 minutes’ duration, no additional reading time
- Closed book exam (no reference material permitted)
There are no entry requirements for this course, or prerequisites to sit this exam.
By the end of this 3-day course, you will be able to put theory into practice immediately and be able to demonstrate understanding of IT processes. The fundamental knowledge contained in ITIL becomes more and more practical as you move through the ITIL certifications, enabling you to apply it in real-life situations and demonstrate expertise and leadership.
Upcoming dates for ITIL® 4 Foundation
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.