ITIL® Managing Professional Transition
What is ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition?
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition course is intended for candidates with the previous iteration of ITIL (ITIL v3) to update their skills to ITIL 4. It provides candidates with an understanding of the new ITIL 4 Foundation concepts and definitions, including the key differences between the previous iteration of ITIL and ITIL 4 and how they can be practically applied.
The transition module enables candidates to recognise their previous achievements while gaining up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded ITIL 4 Managing Professional status.
What are the benefits of ITIL?
Some of the benefits that ITIL brings to an organisation is to:
- Manage risk and challenges that may occur within the organisation
- Support constant business change for a more stable service environment
- Enhanced quality of service delivery and satisfaction of the customer
- Improve the utilisation of resources to reduce the cost of services
- Enhanced stronger alignment among IT and the business
- Optimising the customer experience and increasing the prospect of returning business
Download the ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Candidate Syllabus for learning outcomes and the assessment criteria for this course.
Who is the ITIL Managing Professional Transition qualification for?
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional transition module is designed to allow ITIL v3 candidates who have already invested to easily transition across to ITIL 4.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition Certification, a globally recognised accreditation.
PeopleCert Online Exams
Exam vouchers are valid for 12 months so you can take them at a time and day that is convenient to you but, we do recommend taking the exam during the week of your course if possible as pass rates are typically higher.
The exam comprises:
- Multiple choice exam questions
- 40 questions, each worth one mark
- 28 marks or more required to pass (out of 40 questions): 70% pass mark
- 90 minutes’ duration, no additional reading time
- Closed book exam (no reference material permitted)
Course Resit Policy
We have a ‘FREE course resit policy’ for anyone who unfortunately does not pass their exam, all we require is that you pay for your exam resit. You can then attend the next ITIL Managing Professional Transition course for FREE!
Please contact your course organiser to discuss.
PeopleCert certifications are globally recognised and highly sought after by potential employers.
What this course includes
This price includes course registration, the official PRINCE2 Agile e-book, course materials, exam fees, and on successfully passing both exams, an official ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate from the examining body, PeopleCert.
A hard copy manual is available at an additional cost, please ask your course organiser for more information.
You’ll also get exclusive white papers, CPD tools to map out a professional development path and professional endorsement through a digital badge aligned to your ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certificate.
The ITIL® Accredited Training Organization logo is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. The Swirl logo™ is a registered trademark of the AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. ITIL® is a (registered) Trade Mark of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
- Virtual ClassroomInstructor-led course
- Register your interest
- This is a virtual course with a live instructor. It includes interaction and group-work to embed learning. We encourage use of cameras, and have regular breaks to maintain freshness and engagement.
£1,950.00 excl. VAT
- Small Classes
- Free Course Resit
- Exam Included
- PeopleCert Certificate
- Certification does not expire
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- ITIL 4 Foundation: to introduce readers to the management of modern IT-enabled services, to provide them with an understanding of the common language and key concepts
- Create, Deliver and Support (CDS): to provide the candidate with an understanding on how to integrate different value streams and activities to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools
- Drive Stakeholder Value (DSV): to provide the candidate with an understanding of all types of engagement and interactions between a service provider and their customers, users, suppliers and partners, including key CX, UX and journey mapping concepts
- High Velocity IT (HVIT): to provide the candidate with an understanding of the ways in which digital organisations and digital operating models function in high velocity environments
- Direct, Plan and Improve (DPI): to provide the candidate with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The ITIL 4 Managing Professional Transition certification does not expire and is valid for the lifetime of the certificate holder.
You must already have either an ITIL v3 Expert certificate obtained by passing the MALC exam, ITIL v2-v3 Bridging exam, or have achieved a minimum of 17 credits in the ITIL v3 qualification scheme.
By the end of this 5-day course, you will be confident in the key elements from each of the four ITIL Managing Professional (MP) modules: Create, Deliver & Support, Drive Stakeholder Value, High Velocity IT, and Direct, Plan & Improve, as well as ITIL 4 Foundation. The transition module enables candidates to recognise their previous achievements while still gaining the up-to-date skills and knowledge needed to navigate the digital service economy.
Upcoming dates for ITIL® Managing Professional Transition - IT Service Management Certification
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"