Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) Practitioner
What is the Agile Project Management Practitioner Qualification?
The Agile Project Management Practitioner qualification is for students already holding an AgilePM Foundation qualification. You'll learn how to flex projects quickly to deliver your customer’s needs. This course builds on the philosophy and principles of Agile, the lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations, and the products produced during an Agile project and their purpose. Delegates are expected to have experience of team leading, project management, or project assurance/support.
The Agile Project Management (AgilePM) qualification is the world's leading framework and certification for Agile project management. It offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
Who is the AgilePM qualification for?
This qualification is for Certified Professionals who already hold the AgilePM Foundation qualification and, Agile team members who want to become Agile Project Managers.
For the learning outcomes and assessment criteria, download the Agile Project Management Syllabus here.
Please see below a preview from the Agile Project Management handbook.
AgilePM Benefits for your organisation
- Offers a structured and scalable corporate Agile framework based on proven practice
- Achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile
- Covers the full project lifecycle, from initiation & foundations through to closure
- Ensures clear roles & responsibilities are allocated
- A complete, ‘off-the-shelf’ framework; no need to develop a unique framework (often at significant cost)
- Built-in quality, governance and risk management controls
- And so much more...
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
Successful completion of this course will mean you will be awarded the;
Agile Project Management Practitioner certification (valid for 5 years).
APMG Online Exam
Practitioner Exam – 2.5 hours restricted open book exam – Only the official AgilePM manual may be used in the exam. There is a total of 4 questions each worth 20 marks. 40 marks are required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%.
Course Resit Policy
We have a ‘FREE course resit policy’ for anyone who unfortunately does not pass their exam, all we require is that you pay for your exam resit. You can then attend the next AgilePM Practitioner course for FREE!
Please contact your course organiser to discuss.
What this Course Includes
This price includes course registration and exam registration, course materials and, if successful in passing the exam, an official Agile Project Management Practitioner certification.
When you qualify with AgilePM® you also get 3 months' free associate membership of the Agile Business Consortium, the professional body for business agility!
The APMG International AgilePM and Swirl Device logo is a trademark of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved. AgilePM® is a registered trademark of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved.See dates & book
- Virtual ClassroomInstructor-led course
- See dates
- This is a virtual course with a live instructor. It includes interaction and group-work to embed learning. We encourage use of cameras, and have regular breaks to maintain freshness and engagement.
£890.00 excl. VAT
- Small Classes
- Free Course Resit
- Exam Included
- APMG Certificate
- 5 Year Certification
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
- Prioritisation and time boxing
- Maintaining control in an Agile project
- Consolidate your previous Agile knowledge
- Requirements and Estimating
- Agile Planning
- Roles and responsibilities and appropriate delegation
- Successfully implement an Agile methodology into all aspects of your projects
- Communication in an Agile project
- Iterative development
- Anticipating and managing risk
- Preparing for an Agile project
The AgilePM Foundation Certification is the prerequisite for this AgilePM Practitioner course.
- How to apply a variety of agile practices to a project, for example, workshops, the MoSCoW technique to define project priorities, iterative development and modelling
- How to test, estimate and evaluate profit delivery in an Agile project
- Facilitation and support mechanisms within an Agile project
- The agile approach to manage and prioritize requirements
Upcoming dates for Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) Practitioner Training | APMG Qualification
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"