Intelligence Analysis & Structured Analytic Techniques (IASAT)
What is the IASAT course?
Delegates improve their Intelligence Analysis skills in this interactive course which teaches the most useful Structured Analytic Techniques (SATs) for contemporary Intelligence Analysis.
Who is the IASAT course for?
Researchers, Analysts and Investigators.
- Delegates learn to think critically and have a range of techniques which support strategic and tactical intelligence analysis.
- Delivery can be virtual or in-house.
What this Course Includes
This price includes course registration, instructor-led training, course materials and certificate of completion.
This course will be delivered by our partners, Cloudbreak Analysis, as part of our Cyber Alliance who will be the training provider of this course.
This course covers a wide range of topics, including:
- System 1 and System 2 Thinking: Understanding our thinking processes.
- Analytical Bias and Inference Development: Common biases in intelligence work. Structuring a hypothesis and articulating assumptions.
- Key Assumptions Check: Instruction in its use in hypothesis generation.
- Generating Ideas: Structured Brainstorming and Starbursting Techniques.
- Argument Mapping: Instruction in its use to produce/ defend hypotheses.
- Link & pattern Analysis: Approaches and techniques which aid intelligence analysts to develop situational understanding.
- Analysis of Competing Hypotheses (ACH): Generation of alternative hypotheses with weighted and unweighted intelligence methodologies.
- Red Teaming: Understanding the adversary by adopting their position.
- Estimative Language: Sherman Kent’s model for defining levels of certainty.
- Alternative Futures Analysis: Futures Wheel technique for modelling alternative futures of events and actions.
This course is open to anyone with basic IT literacy.
By attending this course, you will acquire invaluable knowledge and skills that can benefit a wide range of professionals.
Upon completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Learn new creative thinking techniques
- Understand System 1 and System 2 thinking and identify cognitive biases
- Develop well-structured hypotheses
- Generate ideas using Structured Brainstorming and Starbursting
- Use Argument Mapping to produce and defend quality hypotheses
- Test hypotheses using Key Assumptions Check
- Evaluate multiple hypotheses using variants of Analysis of Competing Hypotheses (ACH)
- Conduct Link and Pattern Analysis to develop situational understanding
- Utilise the Futures Wheel technique to model alternative futures of events and actions
- Better Understand your adversary using Red Team Analysis
Upcoming dates for Intelligence Analysis & Structured Analytic Techniques (IASAT)
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"