CITB Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher
What is the Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher?
This 1-day SSSTS Refresher course will top up your Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) skills and ensure you stay at the forefront of safety and site management practices.
Who is the SSSTS Refresher Course for?
Our SSSTS Refresher course is designed for experienced site managers and supervisors who have previously completed the SSSTS course. This refresher program is your opportunity to update your knowledge, stay compliant with the latest regulations, and sharpen your leadership skills on the construction site whilst renewing your SSSTS Certificate.
SSSTS Refresher Benefits
- Renew your SSSTS certification to reflect your commitment to excellence
- Confidently handle risks through effective risk assessments and method statement development, ensuring a secure and controlled work environment
- Promote a safety-first culture on construction sites, fostering the well-being of all team members. Gain the tools to lead by example and create a secure workplace for everyone
- Stay compliant and ahead of the curve by mastering relevant health and safety legislation.
- Understand the intricacies of compliance, minimising risks and ensuring your projects align with the latest regulations
- Get equipped with the latest tools needed to apply theoretical concepts to real-world scenarios
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of your responsibilities, empowering you to lead with confidence and competence
CITB Examination Structure
Assessment during the course involves ongoing evaluation by the instructor through syndicate exercises and individual participation. There will also be a 30-minute, 25-question objective multiple-choice exam at the end of the course.
Click here for the Scheme rules – Appendix C Site supervision safety training scheme.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
This SSSTS course is accredited by CITB. Attendees will renew their CITB Site Supervision Safety Training Certificate on successful completion of this course (valid for 5 years).
What this course includes
This price includes course registration, course materials, examination and official CITB certificate.See dates & book
Delegates will renew their skills and knowledge on the following:
- The legal framework of health and safety
- Approved codes of practice and guidance notes
- Safe practices for working at height
- In-depth examination of construction accidents: types, statistics, immediate, and underlying causes
- Navigating various regulations beyond the basics
- Insights into demolition, noise, and vibration considerations
- Prioritising occupational health for a holistic approach
- Fire awareness and preventive measures
- Efficient control and management of contractors
- Understanding the risks associated with electricity and confined spaces
Delegates must hold a valid Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme Certificate to attend this course. By attending this SSSTS Refresher course you will renew your SSSTS Certificate for a further 5 years.
- How health and safety law is structured
- How the supervisory role fits in with the manager’s role in controlling the site safely
- Understanding the need for method statements
- Construction Site Health, Safety and Welfare
- Communication routes within site activity
- Behavioural safety
- Supervision of occupational health.
Upcoming dates for CITB Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher
Maidstone - MidKent College
Maidstone - MidKent College
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"