Executive Cyber Awareness
What is the Executive Cyber Awareness Qualification?
This 1-day National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) - Certified course will provide you with the knowledge and relevant context of organisational critical, technical and people factors, involving cyber security.
This course will help you to become better informed of critical business risks associated with cyber security – enabling you to make proportional, impactful decisions.
Who is this Qualification for?
This Executive Cyber Awareness course is for any business leader who may or may not have an information security background but are required to determine their organisation’s cyber security strategy, investment and culture. This course is for executives, directors or senior management from public, commercial and corporate sector organisation, shareholders and business owners/leaders, including C-level professionals or risk owners.
Executive Cyber Awareness Benefits
- Determine which cyber security risks apply to an organisation – including reputational, operational, or financial risks.
- Gain insight to the global cyber threat landscape and real-world consequences of ignoring corporate risk.
- Understand various cyber security defence strategies, measures, capabilities, or operations that are possible to invest or implement into an organisation.
- Translate how real-world hacking case studies or data breaches relate to an organisation’s cyber security posture and maturity.
- Discover the methodologies an attacker might adopt to breach security and to expand access within an organisation’s network.
- Demystify cyber security industry jargon and associated media hype – including understanding what malware is and what it’s capable of.
Accreditation / Qualification(s) offered
Successful completion of this course will mean you will be awarded the NCSC-Certified Training at Awareness Level with IISP Core Skills A1, A2, A4, A5, B1, B2, C1, E1, E3, F1 and IISP Secondary skills H1, A7, C2, D1, D2, A3.
What This Course Includes
This includes course registration and NCSC-Certified Certificate.
- Virtual ClassroomInstructor-led course
- Register your interest
- This is a virtual course with a live instructor. It includes interaction and group-work to embed learning. We encourage use of cameras, and have regular breaks to maintain freshness and engagement.
- Small Classes
- NCSC Certificate
- Does not Expire
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
By the end of this course, you will be better informed of the potential business risks associated with cyber security. You will be able to determine what you are trying to protect, who are you protecting it from and what measures are available to protect as well as adequately prepare your organisation.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This training is typically tailored to an industry or for a defined audience with various durations. Example topics include:
- Headline Macro ‘Cyber’ Risks
- What is the risk to my industry/sector?
- Threat Actors and Motivations
- Common Access Techniques – how are organisations being attacked?
- Emerging Legislation and Compliance
- Corporate Management of Cyber Security
- Maturity Driven Investment
- Information Security Management Systems
- Operational Cyber Security Capabilities
- Cyber Insurance
- Cyber Security Strategies
Upcoming dates for Executive Cyber Awareness
All prices are per person and exclude VAT.
VAT will be calculated at checkout.
"Sue was an excellent trainer and a nice person to be trained by too. Clearly has a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of not only the course but the whole discipline."
"The use of whiteboards, real time example, breakout room and attempting the questions after every topic was really helpful. The enthusiastic tutor, made the course better."
"The ideas and techniques learned in the course has changed my vision towards project management. It taught me various methods which I can apply in my career. I managed to learn new aspects of management cycle which I was unaware of. The course was very useful to me."
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and got a good deal of useful information from it. I have carried out projects throughout my career, and a few years ago took the APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ), but carried out projects using my own methods. PRINCE2 is great in that it sets out a methodology for carrying out project management, and is the most widely recognised in the UK. Adding agile was the icing on the cake."
"Dhaliwal Narinder our trainer was excellent, adding insights from her vast experience to enhance our learning. We have tried Agile and Project Management separately, now i have the opportunity to try both again in my Faculty. Receiving this course online whilst locked down was perfect."
"The course was interesting and interactive, though a lot of information needed to be crammed in and consumed. Having done an Agile course a few years ago, this course helped to reinforce what was previously learned and put a project management theme to it. The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the theory very well. The other participants were engaging and helped make the course interesting through the sharing of question and answer sessions to the relationship of past experiences."
Experienced and well qualified training staff provide excellent support and are committed to improving trainees' experience.
"The pass rate is delivering more competent well-rounded, 'turn their hand to anything' engineers. All of the main courses delivered by MKC achieve notably higher success rates than the corresponding courses delivered by either Further Education (FE) or private training providers'."
MKC is seen to be strongly in line with acknowledged approaches to good practice in vocational education and training.
The Open & Honest partnering approach will save MoD an average of 25% on previous training costs.
MKC significantly exceeds performance and has delivered a further £28M savings since the start of operations. Training losses have moved from 12% to 5%, trimming times down by 20%. Innovating and driving down costs.
"It was clear that our tutors were not only really skilled themselves, but they knew how to pass that on to others."
"Learners have a deeper understanding of their trades"